WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Thursday, August 14, 2008

Natural Light

I have known for years that when it comes to photography-- lighting is EVERYTHING!

The pursuit and capture of this key element is what makes a photo come to life.

I LOVE natural light...and feel as though it will be my predominate focus in photography-- maximizing the use natural lighting. Mostly outdoor lighting. But I do also love window lighting. Some of the most exquisite photos are captured using the natural light of a window.

When I first got my D-80... I sat at my daughter at a window. These were my first shots trying to use the available light from my window.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also included a flash shot for comparison-- Major difference!

Photobucket

So just a reminder when taking your own photos... always try to see and capture available light!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!