WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Fire, A Cloud and A Rainbow!


Last week was my birthday. June 25th. For the most part, it was an ordinary day.
I took my kids to their bowling league… and had some time to talk to my close friend
Jennifer. I was sharing with her how life still feels like our family is in the “fire” a bit. We
have walked through a season of dealing with cancer and there are still some lingering challenges.

Later that night as I was driving home, I saw a large, raging fire in the horizon.
Directly above the burning fire was this huge, puffy cloud. The sun was behind it…
and there was the most glorious silver lining in this cloud.


When I got home, I pulled out my camera to try to capture this amazing sight.
Then I saw the rainbow...WOW!

I have never seen these three elements together at one time. Ever. And...it was my birthday!

I thought of my earlier conversation with my friend Jennifer about being in the "fire."
I felt these gifts were a sign--a message of encouragement.

Like God was trying to show me that sometimes in life, you’re in the raging fire.
BUT... He is always there even in the midst of the fire—(the Cloud with the silver lining)
AND... His promise is always with us (the rainbow)

So I wanted to share my "birthday gifts" with you today.

If you're life is in the fire...... just hang on!

There's still a cloud with a silver lining and a rainbow of promise.... in the midst of it!

Have a very happy 4th of July!

Dream & Believe-

Pati Pakulis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you sister!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing birthday gift! I am so happy I was able to spend time with you on your birthday!
It's official, I am addicted to your blog!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Your pictures and your thoughts are as beautiful as the God who resides in you. I'm amazed at all the gifts He has given you, I love you Pati P!
Georgia

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!