WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Love Black & White Photography

There is something so beautiful and so timeless about it.

This photo is probably my most cherished black and white photo of all!
Photobucket

It is of my daughters Julia and Lissy-- way back when they rarely ever fought!
How I miss those days!


When photographing children, black and white is still my favorite medium.
Photobucket

All of these pictures were shot in film-- and scanned.

But I do continue to learn more and more about black and white conversion in digital photography. And I'm really beginning to see how well it works. I was a skeptic for awhile.

Photobucket

Sometimes I think it would be great to just do B&W ... there are many professionals out there that do just that!

Photobucket

But then I realize that as much as I love it... there are so many times when color is just so stunning and appropriate.


Photobucket

But take a photo like this... color really just doesn't seem to matter. The black & white captures the innocence in a such a sweet and beautiful way.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

So as I have begun photographing others more with my digital camera, I am always on the lookout for that photo that would be just right for black and white.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are some basic black & white conversions that were done in photoshop.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's my favorite conversion so far!....
Photobucket
Photobucket

There are so many resource and tutorials on the internet.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Of course you could just book a with me this fall and let me take care of it for you ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pati,
JUST AMAZING! The picture of our beautiful baby Hailey are so wonderful! Keep up the GR-8 work!
I love you!
Odd

Unknown said...

Ain't film great?? Pati, this is just awesome work!

Dimitri

Anonymous said...

im young but have been in love with B&W photography ever since i was little going through my grandmothers pictures...and these are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Pati these are just gorgeous. I've been browsing black and white photography on and off for years. I love the natural, real life innocence that can be captured and i think you've done a fantasitic job of doing this. Looking at your work has inspired me, i want to run out and get myself a new camera now :) Wonderful pictures, i'll be sure to visit again soon

Unknown said...

it very nice n heart touchin.

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!