WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Thursday, November 27, 2008

SO Thankful for a double perfect Rainbow!

Yesterday was my husband's last day of radiation!

It rained throughout the morning.

At about 5 pm I was sitting at the computer reading a facebook message... I noticed the lighting outside was really vibrant. The sun had come out---

I am not kidding, the thought came to my mind...Go outside and look for a rainbow.

I was just about to type that into facebook... that I was going to go look for a rainbow.

The telephone rang... it was Peter. He was at the office and said, "go outside... there is the most amazing rainbow"

I walked to my backyard... adn saw the most BEAUTIUL, Perfectly round double rainbow. It was unbelieveble.

Photobucket

Ouf phone rang again--- my friend Katie calls-- Do you see the rainbow?" she asks......

I recieved calls from my friends Bambi, Lonna, Johnnie.. a text from Shawna.

This rainbow lasted almost 20 minutes!

My girls and I were freaking out--- I was trying to get my camera... switching lenses, I was just So amazed--- at first I could bearly think straight to get my shots.

Photobucket

I was in my backyard on out our balcony-- and couldn't get a photo of the full rainbow--
( a good excuse to invest in a wide-angle lens someday)

But it was nothing short of specatacular!

Photobucket

My friend Clint came over later and gave me these photos he had taken for me while driving.

He got the whole rainbow in these 3 shots: (thank you so much Clint!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


So I must say that I think God is the sweetest gift-giver in the world. Our family had decided that this year we would not cook a thanksgiving meal. That because Peter can't really eat much-- that we didn't want the smell of turkey and pie to fill our home.

I was just thankful that radiation had finally come to an end-- and we were just going to lay very low.

This rainbow was the greatest Thanksgiving gift ever. I love the fact that Peter saw it first--- and called me. This rainbow was for him! A Double rainbow--

He had not yet seen one this entire time!

The night before I had just read from my soak journal this scripture from Matthew 21:22
"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask in prayer."

I beLIeVe!!

Photobucket

We wish you the greastest Thanksgiving filled with Faith and Belief -

love-
The Pakulis Family

4 comments:

Amy said...

I wondered if that one was for you!! LOL!!

I thought of you too, Pati! That is so great! Kisses from the Papa...loving on you, your family, your honey... awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy

Johnnie and Clint said...

Not one, but TWO!!! 2 x 2 blessings from God on this beautiful day of Thanksgiving! We pray not once but 2 x 2 prayers faithfully every day!!

Peter, May God continue to give you endurance, strength, and courage. The mountain top is so close. Don't stop--you're almost there!!!!

We luv u all so much!

clint and johnnie

Shell said...

Pati,

OMG, I saw the rainbow too! I was actually right next to your husbands office. I was running errands and had lunch by myself at Havana Cafe. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! I have a bunch of pics on my camera as well. So glad to hear that your husband got to see it first!
love, shell

lisi said...

man! what an AMAZING beautiful promise... god's rainbow.. thank you for posting these! i am filled! and goosebumps are just reoccuring when i look! :-)
he's faithful, pati!
believing with you! lisi

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!