WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Monday, November 17, 2008

Sing Out Loud!

Today, I sang as loud as I could! I played some of my favorite worship songs-- and I just belted it out! I had to.....

There are times when you have to hold on to what you know to be true in your heart! You hang on with all that is in you!

Most of you see my work as a photographer-- and I am so grateful for that. I have enjoyed every moment of this new journey and feel so blessed you you check my blog and view my work.
What many of you may not know is that I am a musician. I have been on staff at my church for years as a worship leader. I play guitar and I sing!

And believe me-- there are many times that I sing-- to face life. To deal with it... to fight my battles. I sing at the top of my lungs to the God I love and know and trust!

And today I needed to sing-- to worship and to reaffirm what I believe I have been hearing from God throughout this jouney--- life for Peter.

He came home this morning discouraged. The pet scan he recently took showed that the tumor may have actually spread to the other side of his face.

That type of news is overwhelming...

This past Saturday night-- about 2 in the morning, I felt like I was supposed to read my devotion. I remember thinking-- it's 2 in the morning-- I am beat! But I was curious thinking, "what does God want to say to me?"
So I got up and read it. The one scripture that popped out was from Job..

Chapter 42 verse 12

"The Lord blessed the latter part of Job;s life more that the first."

I have read this before during this season and have felt like this was for Peter.
I have sensed strongly that as he goes through this amazing challenge-- that life on the other side will be like nothing we could have ever imagined.

I have no idea what that means-- but that there is blessing on the other side of this.

I still believe this. And Saturday night-- 2 am in the morning-- this is what I was given... continued a bit of hope... handed to me like a precious gift!

So when I hear news like this morning, the scan results, I sit back for a moment and say...

But God...

You see, I believe He has continued to show me life-- and blessing. It's never changed throughout this entire journey. Even before cancer came into our lives-- I felt prepared to believe. The word was given to me over and over for 2 years.

To believe without seeing. To believe inspite of...
to believe even when it seems crazy.

Peter's radiologist spoke to him later this morning--saying that the scan was probably just showing activity on the other side of his face because of the radiation.

Wow--- that was much nicer to hear. He had a cat scan today and we will know more in a day or so. You never really know a whole lot more---- but that's how it seems to go.

I do believe there is a latter part of Peter's life. And that God will bless it--

I speak this in faith because all I ever get when I ask-- are these types of answers.
Not once have I felt that I was to prepare for the worst. And I have asked.
Not once has the answer been yes--ever.

So I stand tall, I sing loud, I pray hard, and I speak out life! I believe it....and I hold on to it with everything!

I fight--- because I believe God has continued to give me hope!

Hope when I hear about the rainbows you all see. Hope when I get an amazing scripture. Hope when I look up-- and feel the smile of God upon us. Even in this insane time.

He allows adversity--- and gives grace.

He allows pain--- and gives comfort.

He allows challenge-- and gives hope.

All I know is that life will never be the same for Peter, for our family and for those who watch the hand of God sustain and strengthen us in and through this.

I believe because I have to-- it is what has been given to... and required of me....

Will you beLIeVE with me?

If so, please let me know--- it makes me stonger!

love- pati

6 comments:

Amy said...

Goodmorning, my friend!

I want you to know that we are believing with you. We are praying for Peter. We are standing, hoping and trusting the Father. Pati, I can't imagine what your life path looks or feels like...man! We are going through something totally different, but it doesn't even stand a shadow next to your path right now. I love that you worship! Sometimes, isn't that the only way to pick a weary soul up and push it onward? I know we both love Rita, and I have been listening to her again... I always remember you :)

I have to believe
That He sees my darkness
I have to believe
He knows my pain
I have to lift up
My hands to worship
Worship His name

I have to declare
That He is my refuge
I have to deny
That I am alone
I have to lift up
My eyes to the mountain
It's where my help comes from

Oh yeah
He said that He's forever faithful
He said that He's forever true
He said that He can move mountains
If He can move mountains
He can move my mountain
He can move your mountain, too

Oh, I have to stand tall
When the wind blows me over
I have to stand strong
When I'm weak and afraid
I have to grab hold
Ahold of the garments
The garments of praise

I know, I know, I know
Cause He said that He's forever faithful
And He said that He's forever true
He said that He can move mountains
If He can move mountains
He can move my mountain
He can move your mountain, too

I have to sing praise
When the hour is midnight
He unlocks these chains
That bind up my soul
My sin and my shame
He has forgiven and made me whole

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Cause He said that He's forever faithful
And He said that He's forever true
He said that He can move mountains
He said that He can move mountains
He said that He can move mountains
If He can move mountains
He can move my mountain
He can move your mountain, too

I have to believe
I have to believe
He's got everything under control
I have to believe
Lord, I believe
Help my unbelief
I have to believe in You
I have to believe

Love you so much... we have got to get that cup of coffee PRONTO!! :)

Johnnie and Clint said...

We beLIeVE with you, Pati!! We have no idea the battle you and Peter have had to face and endure. We continue to pray LIFE for you, Peter!! By the Grace and Power of God,You WILL BE and ARE standing on the TOP of that MOUNTAIN! You will be healed.!

We beLIeVE it!! Faith-Love-Hope--Strength to Endure.

We Love You!
Clint and Johnnie

Loving Life With Charlize said...

I believe with you Patti and I will also continue to pray for Life. I can never begin to understand what it is that you and your family are going through.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned.
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
Isaiah" 43:2

Love you!
Elisha

Unknown said...

Oh, Mrs. Pakulis! I am so sorry about Mr. Pakulis. I just told my mom and we took a few minutes to pray that God will heal him. I know it seems like God isn't helping out right now, but He really is. Sometimes God answers our prayers by saying "yes," "no," or "wait." In this case, He is telling us to wait. God knows Mr. Pakulis' condition, and He WILL heal him in His perfect timing. I just wanted you to know that we didn't forget about your family and that we always pray for Mr. Pakulis. I know that God loves you guys and He won't let anything bad happen to you. =)

Have a fantastic week!

Love, Danielle B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pati,
Our prayers are with you daily. Peter is such a dear brother in the Lord and I'm so sorry that you are going through this season.

I do stand with you in belief that God loves you all deeply and will show Himself faithful to you and Peter.
I stand with you in belief that Peter will be used of God, that this suffering is but for a moment and that all of this will be used of God in a mighty way.
I stand with you in belief that God will pour out his Spirit upon you more and more. In our weakness He is made strong.

Much love and prayer,
Cindy W.

Acts 2:17
" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams

lisi said...

believing with you and your family pati.. with hugs and love, lis

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!