WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Moms.......get that wedding dress out!

At least once a year my girls manage to pull out my wedding dress and play dress up!
They try on my dress-- put on my veil and pretend it's "their BIG day"

I've always pulled out my camera and taken photos of the fun they have-- wearing mom's dress.

My friend Stacey was going to use her wedding dress to sew a Communion dress for her daughter Falyn. When she shared this with me-- I told her to let Falyn get dressed up first - that we could to take some pictures of her!

So we had lots of fun--- and what a beautiful way to let your little girls "DREAM" about their wedding day!

These photos were taken with natural widow lighting -- and a simple backdrop.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Falyn,
Someday you are going to make the most beautiful bride!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pati, You have a gift. Put a tear in my eye of course...My little girl in a wedding dress!! Can I rewind??? She was just a baby in my arms...Now she's growing up. Thank you for the idea, I know she probably wouldn't have worn it as an adult, so now I can cherish the photo's FOREVER. She looks beautiful.
Stacey

Anonymous said...

I am Aunt Nancy to Falyn and I also can't believe how fast she has grown up. What a beautiful idea !!! These pictures are absolutely incrediable. Little Falyn looks so beautiful. I love the finish of the photographs. Stacey what a special gift. I love them!!!!!!

Love Aunt Nancy

Johnnie and Clint said...

Wow!! What an AWESOME idea-- Wedding dresses are worn once--cleaned--pressed--moth protected- and gently placed in a box with a viewable window??? WHY??

What a FUN way to have allowed your daughter to play dress-up!! I luv it!!

My baby girl is 26 and recently married. What fun she would have had wearing my wedding gown. Cherish EVERY moment of their childhood because it slips away so quickly!! laugh-play-enjoy--treasure--every single moment!! I would luv to have so many moments back but especially MORE PHOTOS!!

Pati, these are so beautiful--the backdrop and lighting are perfect for Falyn's "dream" wedding!!

Johnnie and Clint said...

She is such a beautiful young lady!!

lisi said...

love this! thanks for this creative way to love our daughters with our special day... way cool pati!
falyn is truly blessed!! (stacey is too... )
;-)
papa is filling you with soooo much pati! you're overflowing!
grace and joy to you this friday~
with thanks! lis

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Pati these are great pictures. I look at them often and it makes me tear up looking at my "Little Baby Girl".

You have a great eye for capturing lifes precious moments.

Mike

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!