WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Thursday, October 16, 2008

Climbing fences......

I had a chance to photograph these beautiful kids, Jalen, Isaya, and Isabella, along with their parents, Vance and Becky! The kids certainly knew how to handle themselves in front of a camera. I could tell Mom takes LOTS of pictures of them.

It was lots of fun! Here's just a tiny sample. I'll post more photos from this shoot soon.

This was my favorite photo--- I loved the colors, the fence, the children. It actually looks like Fall --- in Phoenix... wow! So in honor of Fall finally getting here, I wanted this shot to stand alone.

Photobucket

A photo like this makes me think about how precious childhood is. How it is filled with wonder and curiosity... and life!

And... we're back to that fence! We've been here before.

Every child that see's it.. wants to climb it! They want to see the other side! They always LOOK past the fence. Past-- the boundry! They always want to see more!!

Isn't that such a wonderful way to live you life.

I know for me right now, my husband's cancer is a fence....an obstacle. Yet I have been climbing this fence--- and looking past it. Seeing the other side...even just by faith. Looking past what is.. to what will be. Knowing we'll get there!!

What is the fence in your life?

Let's go fence climbing--- like a child-- and see the other side!

Pati



If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be.
- Anonymous

2 comments:

lisi said...

pati... i really can relate with the fence.. wow!
the boundaries that exist in the invisible can protect us, or can destroy sometimes.. you know?
i'm thinking about this cool 'thought' and imagery~ thanks for sharing the fall phoenix pic!! the 3 children remind me of my own.. they are sooo adventurous and have sooo much to look forward to in the future.
hoping with and for you this very moment, pati. humbled again, and grateful for the opportunity to garner some neat beauty from you once more!
bless peter, papa..

with love, lis

lisi said...

oh... :-) wanted to share this with you.
i love this book... strong women, soft hearts by paula rinehart.
here's a few lines that really bless me and allow me breathe in god's beauty again and again...
hugs, lis

'if we return to the analogy of trust and the experience of falling backward and discovering you are somehow mysteriously held, then the question you might legitimately ask is, what exactly am i falling backward into? it's not thin air or the arms of other people or the cushions of your own self-effort, but the goodness of god. trust is allowing yourself to fall backward into the goodness of god.' chapter 6, trust: the art of falling backward, pg. 86

mmm.... so blessed, lis

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!