WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Playing in the Rain

Today was day one for Chemotherapy.... what a day. It felt a bit surreal to me..

When the moment came for them to began treatment--- I just felt sad. The thought of such harsh drugs rummaging through my husband's body just broke my heart and made me feel sad. Even though I know they have a job to do.

I thought.. ok-- today would be a great day to see a rainbow in the sky God.

All the cancer patients I saw were all so pleasant. There was not at all a sense of gloom and doom--- in fact it was actually quite peaceful.

Peter felt good overall.... there was actually some relief in pain for him-- so I was really happy!

Later that afternoon-- I picked up my girls from school. Then it came....... The Rain!
Wow-- what an outpouring!

So I grabbed my good friend and snapped away. Lissy LOVES to play in the rain.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
She had SO MUCH FUN!



Julia wasn't as eager to play.......
Photobucket

Then Lissy got to jump in the pool--- double the pleasure right! TOO much fun for a KID. Photobucket

Why don't adults play in the rain anymore?

So then Colin get's home from school and says, "guess what I saw right when I got off the bus?"

" A Rainbow!"

After that kind of rain, I just knew there was one out there somewhere, I just didn't get to see it-- but Colin did!

Which made the smile on my face even Bigger!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Pati, I love that!!! Jesus so loves you and your feminine heart! He is so good to you... I love watching that love.. I do!

Praying strength for Peter during this time. What is his schedule?

Johnnie and Clint said...

You are AMAZING!! What GREAT Photo SHOTS!!!!

What a thought to ponder, Why don't adults like to play in the rain anymore? We are always in a hurry to get out of it or waiting for it to stop so we can continue on with our lives??

To see Lissy playing in the rain brought a smile and put joy n my heart this morning!!! It's ok Julia, I have to admit I like watching it from underneath the patio!

Praise God for the continued rain
and his blessed rainbows of life.

Good to hear that some of Peter's pain has been relieved. We continue to pray for strength and endurance as treatment continues.

God Bless xoxoxo

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!