WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Sunday, September 28, 2008

Going, going, gone.....

It began on Friday. My husband started to loose his hair. A small dose of reality sets in for me. I guess I didn't realize that he would begin to loose his hair after only one dose of chemo... wow!

It has been so nice for the last 2 weeks. A reprieve for all of us. No chemo, no radiation. But I knew this day would come.

I knew the real battle was just around the corner. Tomorrow Peter begins more chemo, and daily radiation for 6 weeks.

The 2 week reprieve was wonderful while it lasted.

Friday night-- I snapped some shots of Peter at Julia's soccer game... and took photos throughout the weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket


So today we had some fun... we had a hair cutting ceremony with the kids.

Photobucket

Lissy had the honors of the first cut...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Peter was making some hilarious faces...
Photobucket

O.K... so we're almost there. Peter left just a little bit for fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wow... it grew back fast! Right!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Momo was so moved by the entire event..... can you see the emotion?

Photobucket

And here's the final "look"

Photobucket

Peter especially wanted his close friend's back in Canandaigua, New York --
to see "Kukas" without any hair.

So here we go... Lissy drew a face on him


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

great job Lissy!

6 comments:

Amy said...

O my gosh!! This was just precious! LOL!! Ahh... poor Peter! LOL! This made me laugh and cry.... what a wonderful way to dive into something that is a really difficult part of chemo... Love the smiley face too! LOL... oh man! Bless you my friend! What an incredible family the Pakulis family is! Wow!! Such fun!

Johnnie and Clint said...

What an AMAZING family!! From tears, to smiles, to laughter, and all over again! Oh my gosh-- I loved the wig style show!!! lol-- Lissy drew a greatpiece of artwork, but hey she had the BEST backdrop ever----her daddy!!! MO MO was way too excited---lol

we luv ua all
johnnie

Admin said...

Not sure what to say except you're an amazing family and these photos are beyond precious! What a way to make something not so fun - really fun! You are loved.

Katie said...

"A Merry Heart Doeth Good like medicine"

I do believe you struck some heavy blows at the enemy with this happy and heartfelt, and very poignant ceremony.

Love you all!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Tears to Laughter as well....This is it and for some reason...I look at you all and see something I didn't see in my father. Peter you can do this, be strong and hold tight to your wonderful family. You are all inspirational. Love and Prayers to you all.

Who needs hair??? You look great!

Stacey and Family

lisi said...

love to see your smiles!
these pictures speak so much.. thanks for sharing these pati!
blessed me very much! think of you all daily... with thanks! lisette

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!