WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Good Read

"Because you are important, everything you do is important. Everytime you forgive, the universe changes; everytime you reach out and touch a heart or a life, the world changes; with every kindness and service, seen or inseen, My purposes are accomplished and nothing will ever be the same again"

- Papa "The Shack"


I finished reading a book called, "The Shack" tonight at the D-back game--- yes... in between basehits, french fries, and the ketchup, mustard and relish race! I just had to finish it
(and no.. I didn't stay for the Jessica Simpson concert that followed)
D-back lost it in overtime-- darn it!!



My friend, (and great guitar player) Joe, kept insisting I read this book... so thanks Joe!
The above quote really struck me the most..to think that all of our small acts of love & kindness really do have capacity to change the world around us.... even if only in a small way.
It's like throwing a pebble into a pond... the rippling affects the entire pond...
so it is with love!
I highly recommend it. It will challenge you to look at who God is in a whole new light---

4 comments:

Johnnie and Clint said...

WOW! Don't you just love a book that is so GREAT you can't put it down even when the diamonbacks are in overtime!!! I can't wait to read it!!

great game, super book- FUN!!!!

johnnie

Amy said...

Oh oh oh!! I love The Shack!! Completely blew my little world apart in a good way! What an incredible book huh?? I love love love the heart of William Young, the author.. he is way cool too! I think I have bought like 10 of these and have just handed them to people that I love... excellent!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the book... going to start reading it. Here is the blog of my friend Darol another inspirational person in my life. fflbloggspot.com I thank God every day for the inspiration around me. You, Darol, Peter and many others in these courageous challenges in life. You are not alone, God is walking with your family through this fire. We pray for you and are by your side as well.
Stacey and family

lisi said...

really cool! papa is the bomb!!!
enjoyed this book too...
this book actually set me free in so many ways/i like how you wrote here, 'like throwing a pebble into a pond.. ' love that!
i'm reading margaret feinberg book(s)now.. the sacred echo.. she also blogs/ http://margaretfeinberg.blogspot.com/ http://www.margaretfeinberg.com/?page_id=17 so humbling, and real for me~ papa bless you today pati!
lisette

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!