WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Go Colleen Go!

This is Colleen... she is my daughter Julia's close friend from school. They have known each other for years and continue to have a very special relationship.

Photobucket


Photobucket


We came out to support Colleen and cheer her on at this year's Special Olympics Swim Meet
in Mesa, Arizona.

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

What an AMAZING event!
I was smiling so much that my face actually hurt.
I had the opportunity to witness so many beautiful, tender and courageous moments.


Colleen swam 2 events. Here she is getting "psyched up" before her first race. She was so full of confidence-- it was awesome!! No wonder her mother Kathleen has such a smile on her face!
Photobucket Photobucket

She swam hard!

Photobucket
Collen's friend Connor also came to cheer her on!
Photobucket


She won 1st place!! Great job Colleen!
Can you see the "I'm number one" on her finger?
Photobucket


She was not at ALL shy during the award ceremonies--- a photographer's dream-- so totally full of character! No boring photos here!

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket


The determination and effort put forth by these Athletes was so inspiring!
The love demonstrated by family and friends-- completely heartwarming.
They cheered-- they coached- they screamed and clapped and encouraged
with everthing they had!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I had the pleasure of watching each athlete celebrate with pure joy in their accomplishments. Surrounded by their loved ones--- they beemed with pride and joy at what they were able to achieve!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Feels like gold...

Photobucket .................... Photobucket


CONGRATULATIONS COLLEEN-- Way to go Champ!

Photobucket

We love you---

The Pakulis Family!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! She is such a champion...always has been number one in my eyes! Thanks for sharing it with us, Pati.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you shared these pictures. They are so precious. She is such an inspiration to us all. Way to go Colleen, you are the champion!

lisi said...

this is beauty! thanks for sharing these shots of the day.. really special..
my husband's mom's parents adopted patrick (he passed away last year) and we would enjoy seeing him win some really cool events!
bless you and your family..
standing here in texas hoping for your husband today~
with love, lisette cole (amy scroggs' friend)

Anonymous said...

As Colleen's mom I know that the main reason she was so "pumped for her races is because her friends were there to cheer her on! Thank you so much!

Johnnie and Clint said...

Go Colleen!! Talk about inspiration, and definitely a SMILE it put on my face to see how proud and courageous all of these special athletes truly are!!!

hugs
johnnie

Amy said...

How in the world did I miss this blog entry???? WOW!!! What an incredible young woman!! I love this, Pati!! Precious precious!

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!