WELCOME to the Photography BLOG of Pati Pakulis

My hope is to INSPIRE you... and to share some of the BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS that I have managed to capture on my journey as a photographer and a person.

Please visit often, ask questions or leave comments... I LOVE hearing from you!

Pati


Monday, February 23, 2009

Back to Cedar Sinai

April 1st--- 2008 Cedar Sinai --My husband was healed from Cancer. Liposarcoma to be exact.

After radiation and 3 surgeries, we heard the words "Cancer free"

I will NEVER in my life... forget that day.

July of 2008 Peter was diagnosed with cancer again---- this time it was a totally different type of cancer--- small cell neuro-endocrine carcinoma.....and it was aggressive. Extremely---- as his oncologist would say, it was "extraordinarily rare."

So---after a surgery, a large biopsy, radiation again, and some very aggressive chemo---

Here I am again... back at Cedar Sinai... waiting.

I know where things are here.... and I began the day in the chapel. This place always feels SO safe to me.

Peter has been amazing---- he's worked as much as he possibly could throughout both cancers. He has endured so much physically... yet he would simply say that it's mostly been an inconvenience.
He never complains---

He's had enduring faith in the God that he knows to be faithful.

And to me.... he has never been more beautiful.

I just wanted to take a moment to honor my husband today----

For fighting the fight... for walking through the valley of the shadow of death-- literally......with faith and dignity.

God has sustained Peter and I from the moment this began. He is our hope and our strength--always.

I sit here at Cedars with a quiet hope and faith---that I will hear those words again.....Cancer free.

I beLIeVe


Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for visiting Photography by Pati---
Please leave a comment... I would love to hear from you!